All the systems in our body work closely together every second of the day with miraculous precision and efficiency. Your body is made up of around 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 (7 octillion) atoms. There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells in the body and more than 100 trillion good bacteria. The average person has around 10 pints of blood which gets filtered by the kidneys every 45 mns. Our heart never takes a break, pumping 16,000 pints (9092 litres) of blood per day, a system that repeats itself about 70 times per minute on average, 24 hours a day, and 365 days per year for our entire lives. Cells are dying and being replaced all the time, the liver is fully replaced every 5 months, the lungs every 2-3 weeks, the taste buds every 10 days, the intestines every 2/3 days, the skin every 2/4 weeks, the heart every 20 years, the bones every 10 years. Some of our cells last a lifetime. 2.4 million red blood cells are removed and replaced each second, which means that 207.360 billion red blood cells are replaced every day. And on and on….
All of the above work well in most of us and the number of processes happening every second of the day could fill endless pages…And yet we are totally unaware of these processes or we think we are. There is definitely an intelligence which orchestrates it all. If you’re a woman and have had a child, you haven’t had to actually do anything to allow a being to develop in your womb yet the miracle of life took place naturally and effortlessly or nearly!!!. Your body is tapping into this infinite intelligence right now. Kinesiology and other holistic approaches are based on the truth that your body knows about all of these processes and that we can access that knowledge to assess any imbalances. We surely cannot say that one process is more important than another one but in our clinics we have seen enough clients with imbalances in the digestive and elimination systems to be able to suggest that in the western world, many people tend to have a digestive and elimination system which is not operating at its optimum function. These imbalances have a direct effect on the extremely important cycle of nutrients and how we assimilate, absorb and eliminate them. It also affects a large number of other functions or systems like our immune system, our hormones our brain functions…Balancing the systems of digestion and of elimination has shown, in our experience, to alleviate many of the conditions our clients have come with.
Simple steps will help balance these systems:
- Breathe consciously throughout the day releasing tension, to use the diaphragm muscle to balance the neurological centres in the abdomen and provide more oxygen to your body.
- Drink more water as this is crucial for the body and to eliminate toxins. We need to drink a minimum of 2 litres of water a day.
- Add more and more of the good foods. More raw foods, more green, more sprouts and soaked nuts and seeds, more of the good fats, more pulses. Identify your food sensitivities, have less gluten, less dairy, less processed food, less sugar, less table salt, less MSG and sweeteners. In short add the good foods and find pleasurable and satisfying alternatives to what you want to reduce. Make sure you increase your intake of vitamin B complex and Zinc. B complex are naturally found in brewer’s yeast, liver, whole-grain cereals, rice, nuts, milk, eggs, meats, fish, fruits (banana, oranges), leafy green vegetables, avocado, beans and many other foods. Oysters contain more zinc per serving than any other food, but red meat and poultry provide the majority of zinc in the western world diet. Other good food sources include beans, nuts, certain types of seafood (such as crab and lobster), whole grains, dairy products, wheat germs, seeds especially pumpkin and sesame seeds, lentils, tofu and almonds…
- Eat organic or buy locally produced and seasonal food.
- Be aware of what goes on your skin and chose more natural cosmetics. (We are going to run small events about that) or make them yourself. Cosmetics are loaded with toxins and heavy metals. Remember that beauty starts on the inside and that if your body is well hydrated your skin will be too. Toxicity will create puffiness in the skin as well. See your skin as a mirror to your physical and emotional health. Research about antibacterial products. There is no evidence that they work better but there are many studies which explain the increase of skin problems and many other symptoms because of harmful toxins in them. Revert to old fashioned natural soap and water.
- Reduce the use of chemical cleaning products in your home. Use bicarbonate of soda, vinegar, lemon, citric acid. (recipes and tips soon on our websites). Laundry powders have a major effect on sensitive people. As a rule buy non bio and if possible buy powders over liquid that use only vegetable based detergents or try pure soap flakes or soap nuts. Avoid fabric softeners and replace with ½ a cup of borax or vinegar to the rinse to remove soapy residues. Vinegar has the advantage of acting like a fabric softener and mould inhibitor as well.
- Really ventilate your modern homes (up to 2.5 times more polluted than the outdoor air).Carpets and rugs, laminated and other floorings, new furniture and anything which makes our lives comfortable in the homes are sprayed and loaded with chemicals. Allow new products to off-gas before bringing them into the home. When possible avoid synthetic products.
- When possible avoid putting hot liquids in plastics. As a rule replace plastic with glass. Check if they contain PVC or phthalates and buy phthalates and PVC free. Avoid eating food stored or microwaved in PVC plastic or covering your food with cling film.
- Have your levels of heavy metals checked. Metals like arsenic, mercury, lead, aluminum and cadmium, which are prevalent in many areas of our environment, the air we breathe, the food we eat and its packaging and what goes on our skin, can accumulate in soft tissues of the body, usually the fat tissues including the brain. Think of your fillings, especially if you’re developing symptoms after dental work. Please watch this link on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqW7mtd2YkM. Avoid fish high in mercury. Avoid cooking with aluminium and using aluminium foil… The list would be too long but we’ll have a special heavy metal blog article on our websites.
- Last but not least, find ways of reducing your stress and tension. The toxic thoughts, toxic relationships, toxic environments and circumstances … we expose ourselves to have a great influence on our inner wellbeing. They can on their own balance all or allow your body to naturally eliminate a great part of the outer and inner toxins.
If you seem to have a symptom which doesn’t heal properly or seems to take forever to just go. Inquire and go through anything new that you have been using, doing, buying… as a new cleaning product, make up, piece of furniture, dental treatment, food and don’t forget your thoughts, stress and emotions …. And just make sure you identify the cause or causes and remove it or them, strengthen your digestive and elimination system as well as any other imbalance and you should feel a very enjoyable improvement to your life
Check our websites after the summer as we are going to post regular information on our blogs and do leave your comments to share your experiences and understanding with others,
Love and Light,